OOAK Blue Eyed Tan Mermaid Handmade Keepsake Felt Plush Doll
This mermaid is Coralia and she was my prototype when I started to design a series of keepsake mermaid dolls. She is 1 of 3 carefully designed and handcrafted mermaids available. This beauty has a unique headdress that was so fun to make.
- She is an OOAK design and is made from a quality, soft premium felt and wool blend felt. She is stuffed firmly with clean, new 100% premium polyester fiberfill. Her arms are jointed so that they can move up and down.
- Coralia is machine sewn of light tan wool blend felt and has a hand embroidered and appliqued face with bright blue eyes and a pink mouth. Her pretty pink tail is also machine sewn of a lovely light pink floral jacquard eyelet fabric over premium dark pink felt. Her body and tail are hand sewn together.
- She wears a sweet clam shell bra of dark pink felt with light and dark pink embroidery details, dark pink ribbon straps and a light pink flower button sewn on the front of the bra. Her hair is sewn firmly on her head by hand and is a multi-color combination of blue, pink and brown yarn, which reminds me of salt water taffy and is worn down and free.
- She also wears a non-removable light blue felt headband with 2 pink felt clam shells and a blue felt starfish that all have small embroidered details on the front and back.
- She measures about 17.5 inches tall from tip of tail to the top of the starfish.
I always thought that mermaids were more than pretty, they were brave too, bursting full of adventure and excitement.
Because she is machine sewn this mermaid is suitable for gentle play for an older child but not a baby or toddler because of the large button detail which could be a choking hazard and how the arms are attached.
She would make a sweet nursery decoration or art doll for a collector and would look great hanging on a wall. I can sew a loop on her back so she can be hung, if requested.
She can be spot cleaned if necessary.